There are 22 million senior homeowners who are 65 years of age and older in the U.S. and 95% of them are 75 years old or older and want to stay in their own homes and communities. “Aging in Place” requires that the PLACE also needs to change to accommodate the CHANGES that come with AGING. This presentation looks at:
- Aging in place and what that means
- Challenges of staying in your own home as you age
- Impact of cognitive changes and staying in their own home
- Progression and symptoms of Alzheimer’s (the #1 type of dementia) by stages
- Residential care options for persons living with dementia including advantages and care issues for each.